- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. fine breadcrumbs (plain or Italian style)
- 4 chicken breasts (pounded out thin)
- 4 pieces of ham
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c. milk
The important part of this recipe is to pound the chicken to a thin, even layer so that is can hold the goodies inside and still get cooked through. Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu is a staple in our weekly rotation!
- Pound chicken breasts thin.
- Dredge chicken through beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs to lightly coat OUTSIDE ONLY. (low carb option: skip egg and breadcrumbs!)
- Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese inside (non-breaded side) each piece chicken.
- Starting at one end, roll the chicken up and use a toothpick to hold in place.
- Place rolled up chicken in the slow cooker.
- Combine the soup and milk then pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
Serve over egg noodles and top with the sauce from the slow cooker.