- 4 lbs. chicken thighs (can use breasts if desired)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 tsp basil
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups burgundy or dry red wine
Looking for an easy and simple dinner. Here you go… Slow Cooker Chicken & Peppers!
Place sliced onions on bottom of crock pot.
- Place chicken on top of the onions. (NOTE: If you are using breasts, place breast side down, bone-side up to prevent drying).
- Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
Serve over pasta or rice.