- 8 chicken legs
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 T. butter
- 16 oz. whole tomatoes
- 1 large onion — chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms — sliced & drained
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
Sometimes you can buy chicken legs on sale, and this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Legs is a great budget friendly recipe. Enjoy!
- Rinse the chicken (skin on) and pat dry.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Browning the chicken legs on all sides in the butter.
- Transfer browned chicken in the slow cooker.
- Combine all the other ingredients together. Mix well. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
Optional: Serve over noodles!