- 15-20 large mushrooms, cleaned, remove stems from cap, chopping stems finely
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. sausage patties
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
Slow Cooker Stufed Mushroom Caps are wonderful. So easy to make and great or a before dinner appetizer. Yum!
- Wash and scrub the mushroom, remove stems from caps. Set caps aside on a paper towel to dry.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic and mushroom stems. Cook 2-3 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add the sausage patties and crumble with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika and cook until lightly browned through.
- Transfer the sausage to a mixing bowl along with the parsley and gruyere cheese.
- Stir to combine ingredients and stuff 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cap.
- Place mushrooms into the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 hours.