- 12 oz. pkg rigatoni
- 2 1/2 T extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced 26 oz. chunky marinara sauce
- 10 3/4 oz. condensed cream of mushroom soup 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
It’s time for a delicious Italian recipe, and I have just the dish to serve. Slow Cooker Baked Rigatoni has all the flavors of Italy! Enjoy!
- Boil a large pot of water. Add the pasta & slightly stir to moisten. Boil 8 minutes then drain.
- Heat 2T of the oil in a large & deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery & pepper and saute until tender. (~ 4 minutes) Add the marinara sauce, mushroom soup, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. (Stir often) Turn off the heat. Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce.
- Use the remaining olive oil to coat a 6-quart slow cooker (or use a slow cooker liner). Put 1/3 of the pasta on the bottom of the crock and cover with 1/2 of the Mozzarella. Repeat the layers and put the remaining pasta on top. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 to 6 hours on low. (if you have limited time you can cook for 2 to 3 hours on high)
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan, cover, and cook on high for about 10 more minutes or until the cheese melts. Keep warm for up to 1 hour or serve immediately.