- 2 15 oz cans Small Red Beans, rinsed and drained well
- ¾ cup Brown Rice
- 1 Medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 6 cups Low Fat Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 3-4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, chopped and drained
One of the most asked for recipes would be Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Soup. It is delicious, and it warms your up on a chili day!
- Mash one can of beans in the slow cooker with a fork
- Combine remaining ingredients, except the green onions and tomato, and place in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5-6 hours, or until the rice is tender.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with green onions and chopped tomato.