- 1 lb. ground beef (optional to add 1/2 pound ground or sliced Italian sausage for spicy flavor)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 c. water
- 6 oz. can tomato paste (variation suggested)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 oz. pkg. lasana noodles, uncooked
- 4 c. (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 c. (12 oz.) ricotta cheese or small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
Delicious and so easy! Slow Cooker Lasagna has all the flavor of a recipe that you slave over all day with the convenience of a slow cooker! You will enjoy!
- Cook beef, onion and garlic together in saucepan until browned. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt, and oregano. Mix well.
- Spread one-fourth of meat sauce in un-greased slow cooker. Arrange one-third of noodles over sauce.
- Combine the cheeses. Spoon one-third of mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4-5 hours.
Variation: For a fuller flavor, use 24 oz. can tomato sauce instead of 6 oz. can tomato paste and water. Add 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. dried basil, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. For a spicy flavor, add 1/2 lb. ground or sliced Italian Sausage and brown with the hamburger.