- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 -15 oz. cans black beans, undrained (or 1 can black beans + 1 can corn)
- 2 -15 oz. cans stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 1 c. salsa
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- optional: 4 oz. green chilies, canned and drained
- For Serving:
- tortilla chips
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- optional: avocado
- optional: dollop of sour cream
We love Slow Cooker Chicken & Tortilla Soup at our house. I am sure this is one soup you will want to make!
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours (Note: if adding avocado, place in slow cooker the last 15 minutes of cooking)
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks and place back in soup.
- Line a bowl with tortilla chips, top with soup and sprinkle with cheese and Jenn puts a dollop of sour cream on top.
NOTE: When in a hurry, I have also used a rotisserie chicken, cubed the chicken, and crocked on High for 3 1/2 – 4 hours.