- 12 oz. can beer
- 1 T. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black or white pepper
- 1 lb. American cheese, cubed
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- English Muffins, or toast.
- Bacon cooked until crisp
- Tomato slices
Slow Cooker Welsh Rarebit is a good dish for brunch with fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Also makes a great lunch or late-night supper.
- In the slow cooker, combine beer, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High 1-2 hours, until mixture boils.
- Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring consantly until all the cheese melts.
- Heat on High 20-30 minutes with cover off, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot over toasted English Muffin or over toasted bread cut into triangles.
- Garnish with strips of crisp bacon and tomato slices.
NOTE: Great served with a tossed green salad, especially fresh spinach and orange slices with a vinaigrette dressing.