- 1 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T. milk
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 c. fresh, or frozen blueberries
- 2 c. fresh, or frozen blackberries
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- whipped topping, or ice cream (optional)
Slow Cooker Black and Blue Cobbler reminds me when I was a child and we made it to go with our homemade ice cream. YUM!
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine eggs, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spread the batter evenly over bottom of greased 5 qt. slow cooker.
- In saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel, and 3/4 c. sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over batter. Cover.
- Cook on High 2 – 2 1/2 hours, or until toothpick inserted into batter comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Uncover and let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Spoon from crock and serve with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.