- 5 1/2 lbs. apples - peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 c. white sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover. Cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
- Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.
Note: Great to make during the holidays for gifts! This is for sure one of the Jenn’s favorites.