- 5 lbs. of your favorite apples - peeled, cored and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 c. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over top apples.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add the sugar mixture into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover. Cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
- If desired, use am immersion blender to puree the apple butter. (I prefer mine chunky though!)
- Spoon the mixture into containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.
Note: Great to make during the holidays for gifts! This is for sure one of my favorites.