- 4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2 T. oil
- 4 c. sliced onions
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 - 4 1/2 oz. cans peeled, diced green chilies
- 14 1/2 oz. can peeled, diced tomatoes
- 8 Large tortillas (10-12 inch size)
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 c. green, or red enchilada sauce
These Slow Cooked Beef Enchiladas may not look like much, but you will love them! This is one of my family’s favorites and an often requested meal. The leftovers are just as great!
1. Brown roast on all sides in oil in saucepan. Place roast in slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients except tortillas, cheese, and sauce
3. Cover. Cook on High 4-5 hours.
4. Shred meat with fork and return to slow cooker.
5. Warm tortillas in oven or between two damp paper towels in microwave. Heat enchilada sauce. Fill each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Roll up and serve with sauce.
Serve with sour cream and/or guacamole.
Variation: Use 2 lbs. ground beef instead of chuck roast. Brown without oil in saucepan, along with chopped onion.