- 4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2 T. Canola or Coconut oil
- 3 Large onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 - 4 1/2 oz. cans peeled, diced green chilies
- 14 1/2 oz. can peeled, diced tomatoes
- 8 Large tortillas (10-12 inch size)
- 16 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Large can of red enchilada sauce
Slow Cooked Beef Enchiladas are delicious! Don’t be fooled though – this recipe makes the most delicious beef that you can use in any dish – salads, tacos, or even eat it plain – “low-carb style” like my bother-in-law. However you serve this Enchilada Beef, enjoy. It’s family favorite in my house and the leftovers are just as great!
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Salt & Pepper roast and brown in heated oil.
- Place roast in slow cooker and top with onions. cumin, green chills, and diced tomatoes.
- Cover and Cook on High for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast to a large cutting board and shred meat using two forks.
- Return to slow cooker and stir to incorporate liquid throughout the beef mixture.
- Serve beef as enchiladas (see below) make a taco bar (let your guests build their own) or on top of your favorite salad!
Place desired amount of beef in a tortilla and fold over. Top with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese. Warm in microwave just long enough to melt cheese on top and heat sauce. You can also prepare several of the tortillas with the beef/sauce/cheese and place in a casserole dish then broil in the oven just until cheese is melted.
Optional: Serve with sour cream, guacamole and a side of salsa with Mexican rice and chips for a full meal.