- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 onions (sliced)
- 1 c. white wine (dry)
- 3 cans beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 4 slice French Bread (toasted)
- 1 c. Swiss Cheese (shredded)
I like to make Slow Cooker French Onion soup as a before dinner soup, but sometimes I just make it for the meal as it is one of those tasty and enjoyable soups!
- In a frying pan melt the butter. Add onions and cook on high heat for about 15 minutes. Add wine.
- Put the butter mixture into slow cooker with broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and thyme. Mix together.
- Cook on High 4 to 5 hours.
Note: Eat with bread and cheese. (I put my cheese on top)