- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 8 lb. cured, ham, recipe suggests using ham with bone-in, but you can cook the ham of your choice.
Slow Cooker Ham is the perfect solution to any holiday, get together, or just to have a delicious ham!
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the ham flat side down into the slow cooker – you might have to trim it a little to make it fit.
- Use your hands to rub the remaining brown sugar onto the ham.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
NOTE: The rule of thumb is to cook 1 hour for each pound of the ham on Low, so you would want 8 hours on Low for an 8 pound ham.
IMPORTANT: It is my suggestion to use a meat thermometer to make sure your ham is done! If you are cooking an uncooked ham, you want an internal temperature of 160F. If you are cooking an pre-cooked ham, you want the internal temperature of 140F.