- 5 lbs. red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 T. minced garlic, or to taste
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes is a great recipe for the holidays, as you can make it ahead and it will be hot, not to mention YUMMY!
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.