- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (9x9 inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
- 8 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 T. margarine
- Place chicken in a pot with water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool, and cut into pieces.
- In a slow cooker, stir together chicken, cornbread, bread, eggs, onion, salt, pepper, sage, chicken broth, and chicken soup. Stir until well blended. Dot with margarine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove lid, and fluff with fork. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Optional: If you like yours a little crispy, place in an oven proof dish for a few minutes to brown it up!