- 3 1/2 lb. pork butt roast
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. fancy molasses
- 1/3 c. mustard
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Soft rolls
I like my pulled pork with some zip. This recipe for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork has all the flavor I enjoy!
- If roast has strings remove from the roast and trim away excess fat.
- Place the chili powder in a bowl; blend in the oil, chili, pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, allspice, salt and garlic to make a paste. Rub all over the pork, working the spice mixture into the meat well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Transfer the roast to the slow cooker.
- Blend the ketchup with the vinegar, molasses and mustard. Pour mixture over the roast and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer the roast to a large bowl; discard any visible fat. Use two forks to separate the meat into long strands. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the cooking juices and strain into a saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbling.
- Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker; stir to combine with remaining cooking juices.
Serve the meat on soft rolls; drizzle with thickened sauce mixture to taste.
Note: This tender Pulled Pork will be delicious served alone, or on a bun with or without some good barbecue sauce.