- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Gruyere cheese, freshly grated (or substitute cheddar cheese)
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet or slow cooker stoneware placed on stovetop set to medium heat, add bacon.
- Sauté bacon until crispy and remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Layer one-fourth of the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle one-fourth of the bacon over the potatoes and top with one-fourth of the cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Continue layering until all of the potatoes, bacon, and cheese are used. Pour the cream over all.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 5-6 hours.
Note: Adjust the seasonings to taste.