- 3-4 lb. lean rump roast
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. romano, or parmesan, cheese divided
- 12 oz. can beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 oz. pimentos, diced (optional)
- banana peppers (optional)
- Place roast in slow cooker. Cut 4 slits in top of roast. Fill each slit with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 garlic clove, and 1/2 tsp. cheese.
- Pour broth over meat. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours, or High 4-6 hours.
- Remove meat and slice or shred. Serve on buns with meat juices on the side.