- 1 c. lentils (dried, mix of red brown green and yellow)
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. lean ground beef (browned)
- 3 oz. celery (thinly sliced 3 stalks)
- 3 oz. baby carrots (thinly slieced good sized handful)
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 c. water
- 3 tsps. beef bouillon
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-1/2bay leaf
- Brown ground beef.
- Combine all ingredients in 4-5qt slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for at least 12 hours or High for 6 hours. I do a combination of High/Low, when I make this recipe I cook on High for 5 hours and Low for 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Note: when I save the leftovers, I add another cup of water to prevent it from becoming too thick. It makes yummy leftovers!