- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- optional: cooking oil for searing
- Sauce ingredients:
- 2/3 c. honey
- 4 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 3 T. sesame oil
- 4 T. balsamic vinegar
The combination of soy sauce and sesame oil give this Slow Cooker Honey Seared Pork Tenderloin and Asian flavoring that is out of this world. This recipe pairs well with a flavorful rice (like Jasmine) and a cucumber salad topped with sesame seeds. The optional searing step can add extra flavor but is not a must if you are pressed for time or want one less dish to clean.
Optional step: Heat 2 T. cooking oil in a skillet on Med-High and sear all sides of tenderloin. (about 10-15 minutes total)
- Place tenderloin in slow cooker.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl. (if you like it “saucy” you can double the sauce recipe)
- Pour sauce over tenderloin and coat well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours then flip tenderloin over.
- Cook 2 additional hours and remove from the slow cooker.
- Let the tenderloin sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice tenderloin into pieces and serve over rice topped with sauce from the slow cooker.
Note: If desired, you can thicken sauce remaining in slow cooker by combining 1 T corn starch with 3 T. water in a small cup then pouring in slow cooker. Cover and simmer sauce on High for 10 minutes while pork is resting.