- 6-7 fresh tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- hot cooked pasta
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker EXCEPT pasta and cheese.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours. if the sauce is too watery for you liking, stir in a 6 oz. can of tomato paste during the last hour of cooking.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir well.
Serve over pasta of your choice. Top with mozzarella cheese.