- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 - 10 3/4 oz. cans cheddar cheese soup - undiluted
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
- Keep the skillet at medium heat and add butter. (note: if enough grease remains from the sausage you can skip the butter!)
- Stir in flour and pepper until smooth to create a roux.
- GRADUALLY whisk in the milk and soup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir while simmering until it has thickened slightly.
- Transfer gravy to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the cooked sausage.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours.
Note: Serve over biscuits.
Nutritional facts include Bisquits!