- 5 Italian sausages
- 1 bell pepper, green, chopped or (divided with yellow and red to add color)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 onions, sliced and halved
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Sliced mozzarella (optional)
This recipe can be served as a sauce for buns or on top of pasta with cheese added and then broiled. Slow Cooker Italian Sausage is a recipe full of beautiful Italian flavor. Wonderful if served with a tasty green salad on the side.
- Simmer the sausages in water for twenty minutes in a pan.
- Drain them transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the bell pepper, basil, tomato paste, oregano, onions, diced tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If you are adding the cheese, transfer the cooked recipe to a dish that you can put in the oven, arrange the mozzarella cheese on top, and broil until the cheese is bubbly.