- 2 T. dried onions
- 1 T. warm water
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 beef bouillon cube (low sodium)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (also low sodium)
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. brown sugar
Slow Cooker Loose Meat Sandwiches are a great go-to, meal as I usually have ground been in my freezer. This is one of our comfort foods in the Midwest (where I am originally from). Enjoy!
- Start slow cooker on high, add dried onion and 1 T. warm water. (Allow to rehydrated a bit while assembling other ingredients.)
- Stir ground beef, 1 1/2 cups water and all other ingredients well. Stirring well to break up ground beef and mix all ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on high 4 hours or until ground beef is cooked, stirring occasionally to prevent beef from clumping. The ingredients should have a smooth texture.
Serve on hamburger buns with tomatoes, onions, pickles, or any topping you desire.
Note: These are messy so use plenty of napkins!