- 4 lg. baked potatoes
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2/3 c. flour
- 6 c. milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 chopped green onions
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. sour cream
When I have left over baked potatoes, I always got to my got to soup, and that would be Baked Potato Soup in the Slow Cooker!
- Cut baked potato in half. Scoop out pulp and put in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large kettle. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Comtinue to stir until smooth, thickened, ad bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three quarters of the onions, bacon and cheese. Cook until heated. Stir in Sour Cream.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and set on low. Top with remaiing onions, bacon, and cheese.
Note: Serve on a buffet table, straight from the slow cooker.
Variation: Add extra Velveeta Cheese to make the soup extra cheesy and creamy.