- 2 lbs. Beef for Stew
- 2 lg. White Onions, chopped
- 3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, large diced
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, large diced
- 3 lg. Potatoes---peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 3 T. Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of Crushed Celery Seed (whole or crushed)
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 T. Olive Oil
YUMMY Slow Cooker Traditional Hungarian Goulash is a perfect recipe to make on a cold day to warm you up!
- Place chopped onions in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Add water if needed, to ensure all ingredients are covered.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours.
- Once the meat is cooked tender and if you’re looking for a thicker stew, combine 2 T. cornstarch with 1/2 cup COLD water. Slowly add cornstarch/water to slow cooker while stirring.
Note: Serve with freshly baked bread.