- 1/2 lb. bacon, or ham chunks
- 4 medium onions, sliced (or to your taste)
- 32 oz. fresh or frozen green beans
- 4 c. canned Italian spice stewed tomatoes, or diced fresh tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
When looking for a vegetable to compliment your meal you will not go wrong with Slow Cooker Green Beans.
- Brown bacon until crisp in skillet. Drain, reserving 2 T. drippings. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Saute onions in bacon drippings.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4 1/2 hours.
Optional: To make vegetarian omit the bacon!