- 1/4 lb. salt pork, or bacon, diced and fried
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly slced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 T. dried parsley flakes
- 1 lb. 12 oz. can tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2, or 3, 8 oz. cans clams with liquid
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried crushed thyme
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
There are many chowder recipes, but if you have not make Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder you are truly missing out. Delicious!
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- Remove Bay Leaf before serving.