- 1 1/2 lb. extra-lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. hoisin sauce
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1/2 T. asian chile paste
- 5 oz. can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 - 6 oz. cans sliced water chestnuts, drained, and finely chopped
- 1 c. fresh bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, minced
- 14 crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/4 c. hoisin sauce
Now you can make your own Slow Cooker Asian Lettuce Wraps as an appetizer or a main course meal right from the comfort of your own home.
- Combine the chicken, onion, celery, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, chile past, bamboo soots an water chestnusts in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours or on High 3-4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, add the bean sprouts, green onions and cilantro.
- Stir and continue cooking.
To serve, place 2 T. of the chicken mixture on an iceberg lettuce leaf and drizzle with hoisin sauce.
Roll the filled lettuce leaf into a pocket-style sandwich.