- 1/2 lb. corned beef, shredded or chopped
- 16 oz. can sauerkraut, well drained
- 1-2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- snack rye bread
- Thousand Island dressing, optional
- Combine all ingredients except bread and Thousand Island dressing in slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover. Cook on High 1-2 hours until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Turn to Low and keep warm in slow cooker while serving.
- Put spread on bread slices.
Optional: Top individual servings with Thousand Island dressing (if desired)
Variation: Dried Beef instead of corned beef??
Note: Low-fat cheese and mayonnaise are not recommended for this spread.