- 3-4 lb. beef roast (roast of your choice)
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme, crushed
- 2 cans of Cola
- 1/4 cup self rising or all purpose flour and water to make a slurry for thickening
- Add roast to slow cooker, sprinkle with onion soup mix and thyme; pour cola all around.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Remove, and let stand before slicing.
- While roast is resting, transfer the drippings to a skillet. If you’re using a higher fat content roast, you’ll want to use a fat separator to skim off some of the fat first.
- Combine 1/4 cup of flour with just enough water to dissolve it. Mix completely so that there are no lumps. Whisk into the pan drippings and put on a hot burner, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, whisking regularly.
- Slice the meat and place on a platter; drizzle gravy mixture from step 4 on top of the meat and put the remaining gravy in a gravy boat for the table.