- 4 c. Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 T. Honey
- 2 T. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 c. Dry Old-Fashioned Oats (NOT Instant)
- 2 c. Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 c. Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 3 T. Brown Sugar, if desired
Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal is one of my all-time favorite Slow Cooker breakfast recipes – actually, one of my all-time favorite breakfasts! I usually double the recipe and reheat leftovers for dessert later in the day or for breakfast the next day.
If you want to wake up to this deliciousness in your slow cooker, you can do what I do: I prep the ingredients before going to bed, then set my alarm and get up place everything in the slow cooker 5-6 hours before I want to eat breakfast. Then I go back to bed and let my slow cooker do all the magic. Waking up to the aroma of Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal is such a nice treat. I hope your family loves this as mine!
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a slow cooker greased with butter. (or use a slow cooker liner)
- Using a programmable slow cooker and Cover & Cook on LOW for 1 hour, then let it switch to WARM for the rest of the night while you’re sleeping. (about 8 hours in total)
- Serve by itself or top with milk (especially good this way for the kiddos!)
Optional: Add 1/2 cup of raisins before Crocking.
(NOTE: I updated this recipe on 7/25/15 – ingredients have been doubled (a single batch simply cooked too fast for most people using a medium sized slow cooker. Cooking time has been updated from 5-6 hours on LOW. I now set it to LOW for one hour when I go to bed, then let it cook on WARM for the rest of the night. This prevents the oatmeal from overcooking.)