- 2 c. milk (can sub Almond or Coconut Milk if you prefer)
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. dry old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 2 T. brown sugar, if desired
Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal is one of my all-time favorite Slow Cooker breakfast recipes – actually, one of my all-time favorite breakfasts! I usually double the recipe and reheat leftovers for dessert later in the day or for breakfast the next day.
If you want to wake up to this deliciousness in your slow cooker, you can do what I do: I prep the ingredients before going to bed, then set my alarm and get up place everything in the slow cooker 5-6 hours before I want to eat breakfast. Then I go back to bed and let my slow cooker do all the magic. Waking up to the aroma of Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal is such a nice treat. I hope your family loves this as mine!
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a slow cooker greased with butter. (or use a slow cooker liner)
- Cover & Crock on Low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve by itself or top with milk (especially good this way for the kiddos!)
Optional: Add 1/2 cup of raisins before Crocking.