- 2 lbs. ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 - 16 oz. cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Chili is one of those dishes that tastes better the longer it simmers – perfect for a slow cooker!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place ground turkey or beef in the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook meat until browned.
- Drain meat in a colander or on a paper towel. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT cheese.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 hours, or on High 5 hours.
Garnish individual servings with cheese.