- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 russet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 onion (peeled and dice into large pieces)
- 28 ozs. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lb. white button mushrooms , thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh basil (chopped optional)
I made this the first time, and it was in the fall, and now I make Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with Potatoes, every fall. I love the blend of the flavors and delicious veggies!
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker EXCEPT basil.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with basil.