- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 jars of salsa (mild to hot for desired taste) (I use one mild and one mediium as we don't like our chicken too hot.)
I love Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken for so many reasons. It’s super easy to make and it’s really versatile. I’ve used the shredded chicken to make taco salads, in dishes like tacos and quesadillas, and even in eggs for breakfast! This is one you will want to make enough to have leftovers because it freezes well too. Enjoy!
- Place 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker.
- Pour two jars of salsa over breast and turn on low for 8 hours. (mild to hot salsa for your desired taste.)
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred by pulling apart with two forks or a Meat Rake.
- Once all piece of chicken are shredded place back in the salsa to use in many of your favorite mexican recipes.
Note: Can use for salads, chicken tacos, chicken enchiladas, chicken burrito, and many of your favorite casseroles. Make ahead and freeze in individual containers!
Variation: Can add green chilies, onions or even taco seasoning for added flavor.