- 4 lb. chuck roast
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. prepared strong coffee
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. water
Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Coffee is full of flavor, and will be a regular on your menu.
- Preheat slow cooker to Low setting.
- Using a sharp knife, make 5 or 6 deep slits around the top and side of the roast. Push the whole cloves of garlic down into the slits. Place the meat in a slow cooker and pour the coffee over the meat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When roast is done, remove from slow cooker, and pour the drippings into a small saucepan over medium low heat. In a separate small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix well and add slowly to the drippings, stirring constantly.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Great served with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
Variation: Can also be made with a sirloin tip roast or a rump roast.