- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 cup)
- 3/4 c. sliced celery
- 1/2 c. sliced carrots
- 1/2 c. raw rice, converted
- 1/4 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. frozen or canned mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In the slow cooker, combine chicken, broth, vegetables, rice, and seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Check after the 3-4 hours cooking time to make sure the rice isn’t becoming too mushy.
Optional: You could omit the raw rice and add cooked rice near the end of cooking time.