- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 T. butter
- 2 small cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, washed well and chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
This Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings recipe is an EASY and delicious version of those dumplings mom used to make. Enjoy!
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, carrots, celery and onion in a slow cooker.
- Fill the crock with enough water to cover.
- Cover. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on High, or 9 to 10 hours on Low.
- About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
Variation from a Facebook Friend: Omit water and vegetables, substitue with 3 cups chicken broth, and use bisquick drop dumplings instead of the biscuits. (Good substitute if you don’t have biscuits on hand!)