- ½ c. steel-cut oats
- 2 c. unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 c. chopped peeled purple sweet potato (or use a regular sweet potato)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch ground allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- sweetener to taste (brown sugar is great, but agave, stevia, etc. will still work fine)
- 2 T. chopped pecans (or whole ones to make monster face)
- 2 T. vegan mini-marshmallows (2 smashed with cardamom or black sesame seeds for pupils if making monster)
- 2 T. agave nectar
- optional slivered almonds (for scary monster mouth)
This recipe for Slow Cooker Purple Sweet Potato Oatmeal was shared by Facebook friend Kathy. (her website is healthyslowcooking.com) We loved it so much that we had to share this great Oatmeal recipe for Halloween. S P O O K Y!
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later or use the slow cooker liner.
- Add everything except sweetener and toppings to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- If there are still chunks of potato smash them with a fork. Add some water if it’s still a little thick.
- Taste and sweeten.
- Top with toppings and make a monster face if you’re in the mood (or just in a mood).
NOTE: The good folks at healthyslowcooking.com make their Purple Sweet Potato Oatmeal into a Spooky Face for Halloween… ! Awesome!