- 6 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled and diced,
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 T. chopped scallions
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is the perfect comfort food on a cool night. This recipe can be altered to be used for a vegetarian recipe too – just omit the bacon and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Layer potatoes, then onions in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Next, add chicken broth, garlic, butter, salt & pepper.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Press soup with a masher until potatoes are coarsely chopped, and soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and scallions.
- Cover and cook for 20-30 more minutes on Low or until cheeses are melted.
- Serve in bowls topped with bacon pieces and additional cheese to garnish.