- 6 serving-sized pieces beef short ribs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 T. packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 10 1/2 oz. Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 12 oz. dark ale or beer
- Optional: Mushrooms
- Place the beef into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat (Mushrooms optional).
- Combine the soup and ale and pour over the beef mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or on High for 4-5 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles!