- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 c. frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 med. stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 3 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American - Cheddar cheese blend (2 c.)
- 1/4 c. real bacon pieces
- 4 med. green onions, sliced (1/4 c.)
- In 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture.
- Increase heat to High.
- Cover. Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.