- 2 Med. Yellow Onions, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery, washed well and thinly sliced
- 3 c. Water
- 1 c. Tomato Juice
- 4 c. Vegetable Broth or Stock
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Celery Salt
- 1 c. Pearl Barley
- 2 c. Green Beans
- 2 T. Dill
- 2 Red Potatoes, washed and chopped into 3/4 inch pieces
- 14.5 oz. Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes, undrained (more if you really like tomatoes like me!)
Slow Cooker Vegetable and Barley Soup is a great way to warm up as the weather gets cooler and a very easy way to get a few servings of healthy vegetables. Of course, you don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this fabulous soup!
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir soup and add tomatoes.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 15 minutes longer or until tomatoes are hot.