- 6 lamb rib chops
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- (or portobello mushrooms, if available)
- 1/2 c. red wine, perferably Merlot
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. honey
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- In a large skillet, brown the lamb chops in the oil. Drain well and remove the chops.
- Saute the mushrooms in the same skillet until most of the moisture has been released.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the red wine, salt, garlic, honey, marjoram, oregano and basil.
- Place the chops and mushrooms in the slow cooker and cover with the wine glaze.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
Serve the lamb chops with the mushrooms and drizzle with the wine glaze.
NOTE: When cooking with wine, select a high quality wine that would be equally enjoyable to drink.