- 6 lamb rib chops
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- (or portobello mushrooms, if available)
- 1/2 c. red wine, perferably Merlot
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. honey
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of the chops and set in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Saute the mushrooms in the same skillet (about 2 minutes) and set on top chops in slow cooker.
- Add the red wine, salt, garlic, honey, marjoram, oregano and basil to the skillet and keep over medium-high heat. SCrap up any brown bits and reduce sauce by 1/3.
- Pour the hot wine glaze over mushrooms and chops.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
Serve the lamb chops with the mushrooms and a side of mashed potatoes. Drizzle wine glaze over top everything on your plate!
NOTE: Always cook with wine you would actually drink. I NEVER use “cooking wine.”