- 46 oz. can tomato juice
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T. bouillon granules
- half an onion, sliced thin
- 1 sprig celery leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 T. sugar
- l bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in greased slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low 5-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves before serving.
Note: If you prefer a thick soup, add 1/4 cup instant potato flakes. Stir well and cook 5-15 minutes longer.
Variation: Sour Cream can be added to dress up the soup.