- 2 lb. beef chuck, boneless shoulder roast
- 40 oz. sweet potatoes, canned and drained
- 2 onions, small, sliced
- 2 apples, cored, sliced
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T. cold water
1. Beef trimmed of fat and cut into 2-inch pieces.
2. Put beef, sweet potatoes, onions, apples, beef broth, garlic, salt, 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. pepper in crock pot.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hrs.
4. Transfer beef, sweet potatoes, and apples to platter, keep warm.
5. Let liquid stand 5 minutes. Skim off fat.
6. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, remaining 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/4 tsp. pepper, cinnamon, and water, stir into liquid in crock pot.
7. Cook liquid an additional 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with beef, potatoes, and apples.
Crock Pot Girl