- 3 c. water
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 lb. canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Salt as desired
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb. chuck roast or top round, diced, browned and drained
- 2-4 T. beef base, granules or paste
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. flour
1. Put all ingredients except butter and flour in crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours. One hour before serving, turn to high.
3. Make a roux of 1 stick melted butter or margarine and 1/2 cup flour. Stir until smooth.
4. Pour into crock pot and stir until thickened.
Crock Pot Girl