- 6 oz. package frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
- 13 oz. can juice-pack pineapple chunks or tidbits (drain and reserve juice)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 (4 1/2 oz.) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- Fluffy rice
1. Place pea pods and drained pineapple in crock pot.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch and sugar.
3. Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and add with juice, soy sauce and ginger to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook sauce for about 1 minute or until thickened and transparent. Gently blend sauce into pea pods and pineapple.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
Note: Before serving, add shrimp and vinegar, stirring carefully to avoid breaking up shrimp. Serve over hot rice.
Crock Pot Girl